Under the Milky Way 30: From Santiago de Compostela to Muxia-Fis

来源: 1000_li_xing 2024-04-20 09:45:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (24778 bytes)

June 27, Tuesday, Day 30, from Santiago de Compostela to Muxia-Fisterra, 89 km to Fisterra about another 29 km to Muxia. A round-trip bus ride, about a 6 km walk back and forth from Fisterra to the end of the world and back. 

Confession: I once used the excuse of taking a break, and riding a bus to squeeze out some time, genuinely wished to experience what people had called the "end of the world"! After completing Camino Frances, I still felt like the journey wasn't finished because I never saw the milestone marking zero (0) kilometers. I was so reluctant to accept it! So, I decided to go all out for it!

Taking the bus from Santiago to the end of the world was very convenient. On the day I decided to go, due to various reasons, I could only visit Muxia first, and then Fisterra (spelled in Galician, the local language; Finisterre is the spelling in Spanish).  (Image source: Google Images) 

Muxia, with a population of 4,567 people in 2021, covers an area of about 121 square kilometers. Being there in person, it felt like a tranquil seaside town. Facing the Atlantic coast, I enjoyed the gentle breeze, the sound of the waves, the blue sky, and white clouds. Watching the seagulls, snacking on fruits and crackers – wasn’t this what it meant to truly experience the end of a pilgrimage?

Seeing the milestone zero (0) kilometers marking, it felt like I was dreaming as I slowly came to terms with the end of my journey! Was this really happening?

Taking a bus to the next stop — the more well-known Fisterra/Finisterre (a.k.a “End of the World”). Population in 2021: 4,700 people, Area: 160 square kilometers. In order to reach the true zero (0) kilometer’s mark, pilgrims seemed to have to walk the final few kilometers from the town of Finisterre to reach the seaside, about six kilometers round trip! Don't forget to enjoy every step of the way. If not then, when?

Walking to the seaside, I saw a cross standing among the rocks. What caught my eye was some pilgrims leaving their hiking shoes by the cross. Could it be that these people came prepared? Otherwise, they would have to return barefoot??

Enjoying arts outdoors.

Cheers to finally reaching the finish line! I “cut” myself loose, disregarded my manners in a public place, went wild and had a blast!!

Back in the city again – in Santiago de Compostela. My friend M from Ireland hosted89 me for several days, letting me stay in her luxurious hotel room that she had made available. I simply let my reserved hostel room expire, and didn’t bother to check in. By then, I couldn’t get my money back anyway. I didn't even know how to express my gratitude for M’s kindness and generosity! Until we meet again, my dear friend! The breakfast here was absolutely unsurpassed! The atmosphere was undoubtedly top-notch! The history here was obviously ancient! I was truly so fortunate, so blessed!!!

Wandering around the city, I felt as if I immersed myself in the local customs and culture. Perhaps one day, when I return to this sacred city, I'll try many of its specialties, hear countless stories, and witness even more with my own eyes!

After wandering around, walking the final stretch on the cobblestone pavement, I heard the distant, soothing guitar music. I immersed myself in the music, savoring this final night, every second of it...

Being carried away by the music to a faraway land in the "horizon," I suddenly noticed the sun, like a golden plate, gently descending between two ancient buildings — brushing against treetops, touching leaves, slowly, peacefully, contentedly ending its shine and glory for the day, leaving the world with a sky filled with golden sunset glow...

(The afterglow)... Leading everyone into a dreamland, continuing to walk the path of life, filled with all its flavors of joys and sorrows — under the Milky Way, amidst the stardust...

Under the Milky Way,
Where the stardust lay,
Countless angels,
Guiding through the maze,
Pointing the way…

(Milky Way image source: https://petapixel.com/2021/02/01/36-awe-inspiring-sun-moon-and-milky-way-photos-of-2020/)

Attached are all the stamps I collected along the Way. :-)
Keywords:
Know your way/Way; Comprehend

更多我的博客文章>>>
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标